You’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone who proclaims they’re entirely free of any stress or anxiety in their lives. Mixing daily living with a pandemic while sprinkling in continually dreary headlines creates a recipe for stress and anxiety. Your family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy, wants you to learn to manage your mental health and keep it a top priority. The month of May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and there’s no better time to evaluate your own and begin managing it.
Lifestyle Tips and Tricks
Stress and anxiety may be unwelcome roommates in your world. You may ask them politely to take up residence somewhere else, but they’re probably nice and cozy snuggled in your brain. Your family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy, wants to share some tips and tricks to evict negative feelings.
- Take Some Time Out - It may be a toddler’s worst nightmare, but you have the wisdom to find reprieve in them. Try yoga, zone out to music, or hit the trails for an excellent solo walk (and soak up some needed vitamin D).
- Put Down the Burgers - Start eating a well-balanced diet. Incorporating complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein will help boost your mental state.
- Cut the Caffeine and Alcohol - These substances have been known to worsen anxiety and contribute to panic attacks.
- Catch Some Z’s - Us Americans love to deprive themselves of sleep for some reason! There’s a cost to sacrificing a good night’s sleep. You’d be hard-pressed to find a super-stressed person tell you they slept like a baby last night.
- Don’t Be a Control Freak - This one might be hard… if you learn to accept things you have no control over, expect some pressure to be taken off your mind.
- Laugh More - If you realize the health benefits of laughter, you might be looking for the nearest comedy club this weekend. We know how serious mental health is at our family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy. We also know that sometimes adding a little humor to your day can boost your well-being.
Exercise Tips. Get out there and get moving! On top of the countless physical health benefits of exercising, mental health benefits join the list.
- 5X30 Rule - Ideally, biking, dancing, or walking 3-5 times a week for 30 minutes will benefit.
- Goal Setting - Having a goal to work towards will keep you on track. Keep it consistent and keep yourself honest, so you achieve what you set out to do.
- Welcome Distractions - Time passes quickly when you’re not obsessed with how much time remains in your workout. Podcasts, music, or even streaming TV can do the trick.
If you’re looking for a bit more than lifestyle changes, CBD Oil could help relieve stress and anxiety. Family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy, offers many CBD products. CBD oil has skyrocketed in popularity over the past several years. Beyond millennials, all populations now flock to this product for relief from many ailments… including stress and anxiety.
CBD oil is extracted from the marijuana plant, but it does not get the user ‘high’. Since there’s no THC in the product, you wouldn’t get stoned or start raiding your fridge in the middle of the night combatting ‘munchies.’ What it DOES do is…
- Reduce anxiety
- Relieve stress
- Temper pain
- Improve sleep
- Help with depression
- Reduce inflammation
Talk to a pharmacist at Family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy, for advice on what works best for your needs. We carry a variety of pharmaceutical-grade CBD products. We care about quality, and that’s all you’ll find with us. Our offerings comply with the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations.
Taking it a Step Further
Sometimes no matter what trick you try, you can’t find relief, and it’s just too much to bear; it might be time to seek additional help. The craziness of life isn’t slowing down anytime soon, and there’s always another fire to put out just around the corner. So, if trying out self-help methods fails, seek out additional help. Family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy, wants to see you thriving and stress-free.
With May being Mental Health Awareness Month, let that trigger you into action if you’re battling stress and anxiety. Family-owned Pharmacy in TN, Vaughn Pharmacy, is here for you, and we’ll help in any way we can to make sure you successfully manage your mental health. Tackling it now will save you the hindsight of wondering why you wasted all that time fretting over things you had no control over. It’s time to make your mental health a priority to continue down your path to a happy, confident, and stress-free life.
Your Hometown Pharmacy Since 1966
Vaughn Pharmacy is a local, family-owned pharmacy serving the community in Powell, TN. Specializing in providing personalized and attentive prescription programs to our patients, we believe you are more than just a number – you’re part of our family!