Fun Summer! Stay happy and maintain awesome health this summer. Summer can be a time of fun, excitement, happiness, joy, sun tanning, fishing, boating, and enjoying some amazing time on the beach with your family or friends. However, summer is also a time to take good care of your health and avoid various health hazards and diseases.
During the summer season, you may find us as your local pharmacy in Powell, TN busier than usual. This is because sometimes people don’t take proper care of their health during the summer season. The warmer weather and hot sun bring along with them, the risks of skin burns, rashes, allergies, dehydration, and other health complications.
Here are some tips that can help you have a fun and healthy summer:
Tip 1: Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Your body needs water for everything - from carrying out essential metabolic functions to regulating the body temperature.
Drinking plenty of water is extremely important, especially during the scorching summer heat.
- Water helps to replenish those lost fluids due to sweat from your body.
- Dehydration can result in nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, and affect blood pressure as well.
- Next time when you are not at home or going out with friends or family, make sure you carry a bottle of water with you. Don’t worry; even if you forget it, you can easily find one of those in your local pharmacy in Tennessee.
Tip 2: Energy drinks and oral rehydration solution
If you are involved in a lot of outdoor activities like playing sports, managing outdoor events, and working outdoors, it is crucial to consume glucose or an oral rehydration solution. They instantly provide your body with energy so that you don’t feel the effects of heat on your body. Energy drinks and hydration products are available in both powder form and liquids at any local pharmacy in Tennessee.
Tip 3: Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables
- Summer is the season where a lot of seasonal fruits are available.
- Melons, berries, and refreshing salads will help you stay healthy throughout the summer.
- Vegetables and fruits are rich in vital nutrients, minerals, fibers, antioxidants, and vitamins.
- Watermelon is a summer fruit that contains nearly 92 percent water and will keep you hydrated always. Similarly, cucumber, coconut water, yogurt, curd, and great for a summer health boost.
- Eating the right diet will help you stay healthy and avoid unnecessary visits to a doctor. You can also purchase vitamin supplements from your local pharmacy in Tennessee.
Tip 4: Sun protection
Sunlight is an excellent source of vitamin D for the body. However, anything in excess is bad, and this is true for sunlight as well. Sunlight contains harmful ultraviolet radiations that penetrate the skin. Overexposure to sun rays may cause a loss of elasticity in the skin and wrinkles to appear.
Excessive exposure to the sun's rays are responsible for skin aging. In order to prevent this, it is important to apply sunscreen or sun protection lotion of at least SPF 30 on the skin before going out in the scorching heat. Lotions with SPF are easily available at any local pharmacy in Tennessee.
Tip 5: Get proper rest and sleep
Being outdoors in the heat can take a serious toll on your body. In order to prevent fatigue and tiredness, it is crucial to get a good night’s sleep for at least 7-8 hours. A great night’s sleep will refresh and rejuvenate your body.
This summer, you need to eat the right foods, maintain the right balance, consume a lot of fluids, and eat lighter meals for a healthier and happier summer.
Your Hometown Pharmacy Since 1966
Vaughn Pharmacy is a local, family-owned pharmacy serving the community in Powell, TN. Specializing in providing personalized and attentive prescription programs to our patients, we believe you are more than just a number – you’re part of our family!