Before the summer season fades into memories of hot days, cookouts, and vacations, take the weather for all its worth. Vaughn Pharmacy, your local pharmacy in Powell, TN, wants you to reap the health and mental benefits of spending time outside and finding an activity that works best for you. Get that blood pumping outdoors, burn those calories and strengthen your heart and body! It doesn’t matter if you’re a team player, prefer solo sports, or don’t even like sports at all; no matter your taste, there’s an outdoor option perfect for you.
Just because it’s considered a team sport doesn’t necessarily mean you need an actual organized team. It’s ok that you’re not an MLB player… or even one that can hang with the Little Leaguers. Recruit some friends and neighbors and grab a bottle of suntan lotion from a pharmacy in Powell, TN, to get a game going!
- Street Hockey - If you can find a nice, big empty parking lot or a deck hockey rink and have the equipment, this one engages many people simultaneously and makes for a great evening activity with friends.
- Baseball or Softball - It’s an American pastime and allows you to involve everyone. Grab a bat, mitt, and some balls and find the nearest field for a quick game.
- Flag Football - Though baseball is America’s pastime, football can’t be far behind. Yet again, just enlist some friends to meet at a local field and bring a football for a pickup game.
- Tennis - You only need to grab one more player and some rackets and tennis balls for this one.
Not a team player? It’s ok. Finding an individual sport shouldn’t cause too much turmoil since you have so many options that there’s undoubtedly something to fit your taste. Why not try –
- Bicycling - Even if you haven’t gone out in a while, there’s a saying - it’s like riding a bike. If you happen to find yourself a little sore after riding for the first time in 10 years, grab some aspirin at a pharmacy in Powell, TN, and you should be good as new.
- Archery - If you have the right equipment already or are willing to buy a few items to participate, archery is an excellent alternative to typical outdoor activities and might provide a good challenge.
- Climbing - Feeling a little more adventurous, try your hand at climbing.
- Skateboarding - This could be a good challenge for balance and coordination. On top of aspirin from the bicycle attempt, you might want to consider investing in some Band-Aids from a pharmacy in Powell, TN, if you’re trying this out for the first time. And don’t forget the helmet and pads!
Don’t Like Sports at all?
What if you’re prone to not noticing hurtling tennis balls flying at you, and maybe you’re not the steadiest on two wheels? That’s still no excuse to not burn some calories outside. Have you considered the following:
- Walking the Dog?- Pack plenty of water for you and your pup. The bonus feature of this activity is you have a companion, but they won’t engage in any arguments or disagreements.
- Simply Taking a Walk - Maybe you live critter-free, and if you have kids, they’re buried in their own interests. Taking a stroll in the evening, especially solo can clear your mind and ease off some of the afternoon stress. Even if you’ve popped some stress-relieving supplements at a pharmacy in Powell, TN, there’s no better way to release the demands of the day than a brisk walk outside.
If you’re looking to burn a few more calories outside but still want to skip the sports, you can find several outdoor options on this list. Stock up on necessities at a pharmacy in Powell, TN, and prepare to sweat with some of these suggestions -
- Hit the Steps! - Find somewhere interesting around town that contains floors and floors of steps. If you can’t think of anywhere, a nearby high school football field may offer stands and more stairs than you could dream of! Expect to burn over 550 calories per hour by taking the stairs.
- Hiking - Immerse yourself in the woods and commune with nature while building muscle and strengthening your core.
- Jumping Rope - It’s not just child’s play; skipping rope can burn serious calories and be done anywhere. Committing just 10-20 minutes in a session will melt off 200-250 calories.
- Swimming - This is a no-brainer for a summer activity. Besides being refreshing and fun, this low-impact exercise burns off calories. Even a light swim burns 470 calories in an hour.
With all these options, there’s no excuse to stay inside for the remainder of the summer. Consider what activity you want to try for the day, shop at a pharmacy in Powell, TN, and proactively purchase anything you need for your adventures. Just make sure water tops your list!
Your Hometown Pharmacy Since 1966
Vaughn Pharmacy is a local, family-owned pharmacy serving the community in Powell, TN. Specializing in providing personalized and attentive prescription programs to our patients, we believe you are more than just a number – you’re part of our family!